This end-of-August fortnight:
- Thank God that He is always there for us as He is there for all people, and that no one is excluded from His love on account of anything.
- Pray for the people of Sierra Leonne after the terrible floods and mud slides that have claimed so many lives. Pray that other nations as well as NGOs will be able to give the help and support that is needed as quickly as possible.
- As the holiday season continues, pray for youngsters that they will enjoy their free time and be kept safe. Also pray for all who are going on holiday that they will have times of refreshment and safe travel; also for those who can’t afford a holiday, and may be struggling just to make ends meet.
- Pray that we continue to value the difference and diversity in our communities, whether local, regional or national, as troubles in Charlottesville, USA, and yet another terrible attack, this time in Barcelona, fill the headlines.
- Pray for the appointment of a new Parish Administrator; that the person of God’s choosing will be found and be established in role soon.
- So many people in so many places elsewhere in the world (as conflict continues in Syria and N Iraq, refugees trying to cross into Europe, South Sudan, North Korea, human rights activists persecuted in China and elsewhere) still suffer: keep praying for peace and justice.
- Pray for Alison Evans installed as the new vicar at Holy Trinity Attleborough, and for God’s blessing on her ministry there.