Faith and prayer
As we read the story of the walk to Emmaus ..
- Jesus comes alongside people who grieve: give thanks and pray for our Bereavement Visitors, and every opportunity to care for those who mourn. Pray for all who will come to the Bereavement Drop-In this coming week.
- Cleopas and his companion struggle to understand all that’s happened. Pray for all who are confused, troubled or depressed in today’s world, for those affected by dementia; also for the care of those who are mentally ill.
- They discover the living Christ through sharing food and hospitality. Give thanks and pray for our local FoodBank; and for times when we have come to know the Lord better through meeting in each others’ homes
- The County Council elections are on Thursday, and the Mayoral election for the new West Midlands region; and then in June comes the General Election. Pray that people won’t feel bored or worn down by it all, and for respectful and honouring campaigning.
- Keep praying for peace and justice in the world; for wise leadership, and effective diplomacy in response to the crises and challenges in so many places … Syria, the so-called Islamic State, Yemen, North Korea, the terrorist threats in many countries across Europe, so many desperate refugees
- On Tuesday morning we are interviewing for the Children’s and Families Development Worker. Ask God for his clear guidance.